Monday, January 5, 2009

1/5 Grocery Trip

Photobucket


We really didn't need much food this week. We had a lot leftover from last week and I planned my menu based on things we already had that I really wanted to use up. Plus, we didn't need any meat because I went to Dillon's yesterday and bought 2 cuts of marked-down beef (to cut into stew meat) and one package of marked-down hot dogs. Thus, we only spent $29.15!


Here's the breakdown.


Aldi:


Coffee: 2.99

Ketchup: 1.15

Bread: 1.19

Fabric Softener Sheets: 1.89

Rice: 1.79

Granola Bars: 1.79

Light Ranch Dressing: 1.19

BBQ Sauce: 1.19

Crushed Pineapple: 0.89


Total: 15.12


Walmart:

Frozen Green Beans: 0.98

Pre-packaged Lettuce: 2.68 (no good-looking romaine, so I settled for this)

Iceburg Lettuce: 0.98

2 Cucumbers: 1.00

2 Green Peppers: 1.00

2 Golden Delicious Apples: 1.49

Broccoli: 2.65

Grape Tomatoes: 2.28


Total: 14.03


Grand Total: 29.15


If this food lasts us all week (which it should), I will be thrilled! That will mean lots of extra money for building our stockpile!


You can see other frugal shopping trips over at The Grocery Cart Challenge !

3 comments:

  1. Great trip, I love being able to save and use the food we already have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Isn't it fun to see what everyone is getting? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did great!! I love Aldi, where I came from before we had one but where I'm at now we don't and I miss it:)

    ReplyDelete